PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX to decide if you’re really sick.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2018, 20:31
Apple Tree Yard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This new "policy" is a complete joke (and one that smells like the new GMA). If i'm in the UK, and become unfit, I might be lucky to get to see a Dr in three/four days at the earliest. So the policy is unworkable right from the start. Further, the company has NO right to my private medical information. I will do as i've always done: see a Dr (at the first available) IF it's more than 3 days (whether in HK or out of HK). If i'm out of HK, I will make a Dr. appointment, let the company know the DATE OF MY APPOINTMENT and then fax the same Dr. note to them i've always done (and now, as they need a note for ONE day, I will have to wait the multiple days until I can see a Doc, thereby extending my sickness out of HK. Brilliant). They can stuff their new web page up....

Ridiculous, and yet another sign they have completely lost the plot. Don't let yourselves be intimidated. AOA, where are you on this? And also, where are you on the CP telling us we can't call in sick after we've received a callout from reserve? Both of these issues are absurd, probably illegal and patently intimidatory (I thought we had a company policy against that?). I pay my dues, and I expect a serious and immediate attack against these attempts to intimidate me. For those who can leave this clown show of an airline, make haste.