PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 7th Oct 2003, 18:27
DamienB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well there's nothing really broken it has to be said!

However...

1. I say let's have more barnstorming - Chipmunk/Tiger/Extra, whatever. Adds a good bit of fun to the display. It's clearly popular with the crowd - the only overall round of applause I heard at this last show was for Denny for instance. Plus the kids love it - get the kids hooked and they'll be coming with their kids a few years down the line...

2. Harvards, there's piles of em around and they must surely be cheaper to book than warbirds? I've seen some cracking displays from them over the years but you see so little of them these days.

3. For the small jets (and I think the JP and Gnat are a great addition), how about a Vampire? Particularly thinking of a nice shiny silver one to go along with the RAF trainers theme.

4. More toilets - especially at the Proms when we're all knocking back grog!

And from the purely selfish photographer-after-a-perfect-piccy viewpoint:

1. Get a Stuka. And bomb that damn aerial mast with it. Take out the Sandy mast while you're at it!

2. Put the dayglo panels marking the display line flat on the ground rather than facing the crowd.

3. Build a second tower for photogs to stand on.

4. Move the speaker poles behind the crowdline.

5. Require each display act to to do a topside pass nice and low so you can get the trees in the background!