PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA SUMMIT 2018 - RESOLUTIONS
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2018, 15:51
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Clare I would never defend Albo. His record as Transport Minister is apalling. His response at Wagga to airport privatisation was "That's Capitalism".

Foreign owned flying schools on the other hand might offer some incidental benefits such as hours for young people passing through but at the end of the day the investment (financial and emotional) is owed to the home country not Australia. Dick's jam has always been about Australian ownership of businesses based in Australia because that means finances and taxes and emotions all invested in Australia. At the end of the day an Australian owned and based company is more likely to take a broad view of the impact of its decisions. A foreign corporation is more likely to cut and run.

You and I have both invested ourselves into our businesses. Although you might disagree with the Yellow Peril pamphlet (I've not read it in my 8 weeks as a Director) it would be great to have you on board and using your professional expertise and experience to help us attack the common enemy.
Better that we all point our weapons toward the enemy rather than at our own side eh?