PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX to decide if you’re really sick.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2018, 09:09
oriental flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly , they tried this once before , it was abandoned after the medical bills to comply with the new rules went through the roof .
It’s not difficult , if you don’t feel well go to a doctor , even in HK you can’t always get to a GP on the same day, so what are you supposed to do ? . If the company is coming down hard on you . File a report directly with the CAD bypass Cathay management entirely .
Alternatively print out a preformatted letter stating the CAD position pertaining to operating an aircraft whilst unfit . Go to chief pilot explaining that you do not feel competent to operate an aircraft , but if they insist that you must operate then they have to sign your letter acknowledging that you have informed them of your condition and they are forcing you to operate irrespective .
‘I really don’t see too many letters being signed .
My GP tends to err on the side of caution, so whilst I might take a week off for a bad cold he would always give me an extra few days on top just to be sure .
Or go to the GP get a few days off , go back for a few more days off , and a third time to ensure that you are fully fit
multiply that by 3000 pilots and watch the bills for medical visits expand exponentially
what the hell why don’t 60-80% of Pilots just go and see the Doc for a chat , explain the situation and confirm that you can come and see them whenever it’s necessary
2500x800 average doctor fee = 2 Million . That should get their attention

Last edited by oriental flyer; 21st Jul 2018 at 11:29.