PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - where next?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2003, 16:12
ILS 119.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have read the LBA News there will be one 733 arrivig in October sometime and one in the new year. I think that next year they may operate an extra LEAL or LEMG due to the demand. They will certainly be trying to take the PAX from the Planetair routes. Amsterdam, Nice, Barcelona and Bergamo are still proving to be popular, so I think these routes will continue. There are other possibilities such as Murcia, Ibiza, and Faro (which they are operating during the winter).I do not think that EGKK would prove beneficial as from my experience this was mainly used for aircrew/cabin crew positioning for work. With the arrival of the BM A319 in the new year to use on the EGLL route I do not think it is beneficial for Jet2 to start a Gatwick route but we'll see. The EGNM-EGLL is probably the best (financially) route BMA have, and I think that they are strong enough to hold off any competition. Sometimes you can get a return for about £50.00. You have to realise that this is nearing the end of Jet2's first season and this has been a "testing the water time" for them. So most of next years routes will be the ones which make money, any other routes will be a trial. I have been told, but I think it is a load of b#####ks, that Jet2 and LBA are not making any money yet. I can see this from the airline but if LBA has seen an increase of at least 0.25 million passengers beacause of Jet2 how can this be!