PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 7th Oct 2003, 15:04
Man-on-the-fence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off the top of my head, can we please get the Mobile Phone Transmitter moved from the farm on the other side of the runway. A picture of an Historic Aircraft in a wonderful setting ruined by a 20th Century necessity.

Oh and more gingerbread please, it always goes by the time I get there

There will be more when I have had time to think.

Right I have had a thunk. Please bear in mind this is coming from a stanpoint of little or no knowledge of how to organise an airshow or how much things cost. Its also based on 4 visits in the latter half of the season.

I noticed on Sunday that the "other" catering outlet in the shed didnt open until well after the cafe, thus big queues for coffee at the cafe. When it did open there were queues building up just before the flying. Is a 3rd outlet required?

I could come up with a long list of visiting aircraft, however most probably wouldn't suit the ambiance, however it would be nice to see an Anson formation and what chance the other Maggie coming down from Yorkshire? It would be nice as well to see some Duxford based aircraft at OW instead of the other way around. Finally,the Blackburn B2 would fit in nicely. Oh and what about a Hunter (just once) I can see a theme coming SE5a, Pup, Triplane, Spit, Hurri, Hunter. All single seat british fighters. I quick word with BAE to get the Typhoon and bobs your uncle.

I for one dont have a problem with Denny, as long as his appearance fits into the Barnstorming theme of an event. And as you say the punters love him.

As I understand it SVAS membership doesn't grant any discounts towards the other attractions at OW, Mrs Fence may be tempted to join if it gave her a discount of entry to the Falconry centre as well.

Advertising has already been mentioned, but for those who dont want to join the SVAS what about a loyalty scheme? Say attend 3 events get the 4 one free/half price or discount in the shop.

I cant think of anything else. The two key words here are Aerial and Gingerbread

Last edited by Man-on-the-fence; 7th Oct 2003 at 16:19.