PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH558 - not good news?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2003, 14:23
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blacksheep,

I have to agree with you old chap, there is NO way this mighty lady will fly again (sadly) or should.

I have said it for a long time, and will say it yet again, this is yet another ploy by the owners to get more and more handouts.

If HJC is correct, what an absolutely disgraceful thing to do, cutting her up. What about the millions of ££ already donated by vast numbers of the public - do you think they will get their money back? maybe they will get a square inch of the skin or something to say thanks.

The sad fact is, that if Walton couldn't get the thing flying when the RAF 'gave it' to him, there is no way he is going to get it flying now, no matter who is 'on board' with the project.

Lastly, if Dr Pleming is reading this; why don't you come clean with us once and for all, and stop 'threatening' the british public?
If you are going to cut her up, get on with it, stop nicking money for her at airshows, and put us all out of our misery!

Just as a matter of fact, does the bird belong to Walton? or does it belong to the Nation? if the latter is correct, should we (the nation) not have a say in what happens to her, irrespective of what the Walton/Pleming bandwagon says?? If it belongs to Walton, we really must ask if its right for lottery money to be given to a private venture?

Kind regards
The Swinging Monkey
'Caruthers, get me a large grouse me old bean!'