PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it possible for a whitetail cadet at FTE/CAE/L3 to be tagged during training?
Old 18th Jul 2018, 08:49
Thegreenmachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Radarfire
I think this is an interesting question because after speaking to a member of staff at one of the major training schools informally, they told me that whitetail had the advantage of typically starting quicker than tagged schemes, and that exceptional cadets could end up at their desired carrier much faster than those who had gone via a tagged scheme.

So I was curious, has any high performing cadet been tagged by an airline during training, say after completing their groundschool or IR?
To be honest this sounds like garbage salesman talk.

To my knowledge didn't happen to a single person when I was at one of "the big 3" last two years. Maybe it does but certainly wouldn't bank on it at all.

Starting quicker than tagged students? Again unlikely. The tagged students have the entire course from groundschool to type rating mapped out from day one with dates that have to be met. After all the airline demands cadets are ready by xxx date.

Take most things with a large dose of salt.