PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2018, 10:40
bringbackthe80s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if the thread is of any use anymore, it's probably all been discussed within the first 2 pages.

One thing is quite clear to me though. I see a lot of disillusionment from the majority of (presumably quite young) posters on here. Not very motivating.
From someone who has been dreaming of becoming a pilot I am always astonished as how top of the list goals are: live 5 minutes from your home town/in your country, being home every night, work part time already from a young age, and so on. Basically find a way to make flying as painless as possible to then dedicate oneself to as many other activities as possible.
It's just hard for me to understand why are these top priorities in a career like this?

So, as usual, I am left thinking that people commenting on here have come to a very specific view of the job and of life in general, leaving the many other silent living life and the job as best as they can. Travelling the world, learning new things, meeting new people, trying new experiences and staying positive.