PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation history - the interesting bits?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2018, 10:49
FlightlessParrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ppgnewbie
Another idea would be to write about the accidents and flaws that influenced aircraft design and operation - the Tenerife 747 v 747 accident, for example, or the Gimli Glider incident, or any number of others.

Opinions?
I would say that if you're interested in the airport bookshop market, lay off the crashes (I can now get on an aeroplane without a struggle, but that has not always been the case, and I'm not unique).
How about the interiors of passenger aircraft? It's what matters most to most travellers, and is little covered in the standard histories. Attention catching in things like "OMG look at that luggage racks like on steam trains," and humour re lavatories. Window size, noise levels. Stretch to inflight catering. FAs as nurses, FAs as glamour, FAs as "Coffee, tea ...", FAs as salespeople, FAs as disciplinarians. Mile High Club. Applauding safe landings (and those places where that might even be appropriate behaviour). The Middle Eastern airlines with mews for the hawks being taken on the flight. Aeroflot interiors of the 1960s.

Just a thought.