PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pilot strike
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2018, 06:42
Heathrow Harry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Unhooked
You initial LOCO fellows allowed the likes of ROL and his ilk and their business model to rape and abuse our profession. He devided and ruled supremely by appealing to the greed and desperation of the low time pilots and offering different contracts. My current position 28 years into my carreer is under threat and I may have to move to another country thanks partly to LOCO carrier's..
Unite and fight your own battles as you should of many years ago. For once GROW A PAIR B
If you trawl PPrune you find dozens if not hundreds of posts from people desperate to become pilots and to move into airline jobs. I'm afraid they won't help preserve the status-quo never mind fight for better conditions if the alternative is reaching their goal.

TBH the airline business has changed so much over the last 30 years it is hardly recognisable outside of a few National Carriers. Every one can scream and rail about the results but I'm afraid that, like so many industries, the old ways have gone forever. This isn't really a choice between good & evil - it's the way of the world and I don't think it can be stopped