PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing to take over Embraer Commercial Aircraft Production
Old 8th Jul 2018, 11:49
FlightlessParrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iron Duck
"Would be interested in hearing more about the rationale of this move from the Embraer side! Does anyone have a link to a good independent source on this?"

But duopoly? The real threats always come from unconsidered vectors. Here: https://quillette.com/2018/07/02/thr...ia-university/ a chap says: 'I had hoped sciences and engineering were somewhat insulated from the progressives. But if Media Studies students are Teaching Assistants in the College of Engineering, that means the progressives are infecting – yes, infecting – other departments than the social “sciences.” Yes, “sciences” because from what I can tell, true science has been all but abandoned in these fields. If they are truly spreading into the hard sciences and engineering, I fear for the bridges and skyscrapers n 20 years after our scientists and engineers are taught that physics and mathematics are products of the cis-white racist patriarchy and can be ignored for “your truth.”"
OMG

The '30s and '40s only had to worry about Stalinist Communists in the intelligence services, Manhattan Project, and the factories. But Media Studies majors in the Schools of Engineering!

On reflection, if modern Engineering students can't outwit Media Studies TAs, then maybe the West is doomed.