PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation history - the interesting bits?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2018, 18:57
ppgnewbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation history - the interesting bits?

I'm looking into writing an informal (with humour) history of aviation - possibly for publication on Kindle, but mainly as an intellectual challenge. The problem is, which is the most interesting part? Military is great but fewer people are interested in that (i.e Joe Bloggs sitting in an airport waiting for his flight) and it's been done so many times before.

The history of commercial aviation is, imo, more interesting - so many events, accidents and designs have shaped it and it has affected millions of peoples lives for the better.

Private aviation, while interesting is a bit esoteric and would probably be less interesting.

As we all know, the history of aviation is interlinked - military innovation creates commercial success. I could write for years about aviation and still find it fascinating, but an enormous book with every permutation would be just dull.

Another idea would be to write about the accidents and flaws that influenced aircraft design and operation - the Tenerife 747 v 747 accident, for example, or the Gimli Glider incident, or any number of others.

The problem with aviation is that it's all interesting to me!

Opinions?