PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2018, 07:20
ATNotts

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by LAX_LHR
I see ‘BrumX’ is slagging me off on another site for the fact I posted the Wizz air news (seems he is taking issue that I was first to the news, WTAF), which means now I basically get slagged off for posting good news! I just can’t win. Seriously, can some people not just grow up and follow the news being posted, and not the person posting it. Or is Birmingham news only to be reported by Birmingham locals going forward. Jesus.
It's the "football fan" mentality, which frankly exists on just about every "airport" thread in this section of PPRuNe (I don't use the other sites) - including BHX and MAN. Some posters often treat their favourite airport as they might view their football club, and the management in the same way as they would view a football manager. You even hear cries of "foul" if one airport dares to promote itself on what someone else considers to be their "home club's" territory. The word "we" is used a lot, suggesting some sort of ownership or attachment, when in reality they have little or no direct professional association with the airport. The word "we" is used in the same way in a sports context by fans, who again, unless they are members of the club, have no direct association with it.

It might be good if some of those kinds of posts were moderated a bit more zealously, given that this is supposed to be a "professional" (in the broadest sense of the word) site, but I rather imagine they all have far too much to do in their day jobs to waste their time on such action.

It matters not who breaks the news, good or bad, they are merely passing on information that they have not previously seen mentioned on a thread.