PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2018, 21:50
aa777888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KNIEVEL77
Guys,
Just a quick question but maybe with this being a Cabri thread I know what the answer will be and please no Robbie bashing but I need to find another FTO.
My nearest one with a Cabri is 3.5 hours away or I could swap to an R22 which is 2.5 hours away, the Cabri comes in at £70 per hour plus vat more than the R22. I’ve completed 35 hours already in the Cabri and just fly for fun.
Would you continue with the Cabri or swap to the cheaper and nearer R22?
Many thanks.
Give the R22, and its attendant training organization, a try. If you enjoy flying it, and like the folks that will be training you, then you will have a lot more data to work with and will certainly be better able to make a decision. And, if you do happen to do that, I'd be most interested in reading about your experiences. As a Robinson pilot I grabbed the opportunity to fly a G2 when I found myself near one, which I've posted about several times in this topic. They are very different machines, neither all good nor all bad.

Slight digression: by a huge stroke of luck, got my first, and probably last, hour in an EC130 the other day. SO happy I had those two hours of Cabri time, otherwise the fenestron would have been a total stranger to me! If you are preparing for a transition to a fenestron equipped helicopter, some Cabri time is definitely a less expensive way to learn.