PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2018, 20:03
Stone Cold II

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bringbackthe80s
Interesting..so many people on here actually think it’s a sensible idea to leave a long haul position on the jumbo in a top flag carrier with top benefits and virtually all the modern aircraft at your disposal, to go work next door on a single type of aircraft for the next 30 years, and all of this 8 months before that little unknown detail called brexit.
Good to know this is the sentiment of many!

easyJet is pretty much set and ready for Brexit. I doubt very much there will be Armageddon when the times comes like the press want you to believe, neither side really wants that.

I don’t know about you, but you sound like you live to work, I work to live and to have the best lifestyle for my family. I would like to be a dad to my young children in person, every single day, rather than half their childhood through FaceTimE, whilst stuck in another hotel seeing the same things over and over again. I have no interest in commuting or packing a suitcase every time I go to work and BA simply cannot give me the lifestyle I want, I’ve seen the short haul rosters and no thanks, some of the long haul stuff looks pretty good. If I was in a different time of my life young and single, I would probably think about it and give it a go, but my life now is I have others to think about, who are more important than an aircraft type and colour and not being there often isn’t great for family life in my opinion long term, have a few friends families have broken down from being away.

You sound very proud to work for the flag carrier and so you should be, BA is a great brand, I just don’t think that fits into most people priorities. Everyone is different, easyJet is a very very strong airline, you will not find a safer seat when times get tough.

My my priority is to keep a roof over my families head and to be there every day for my children, if I feel tired I go fatigued/unfit and never had any comebacks, new bidding system working well for myself (not everyone mind) and don’t feel as tired as before, in fact feel pretty good this summer so far.

I enjoy going to work most of the time, fly with some truly great people and have a lot of fun during the day.