PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2018, 11:01
Stone Cold II

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
easyJet work harder than BA short haul? Don’t think so. I didn’t do over 30 hours a month during the winter. For July all 2 sector days totalling 65 hours for the month and I don’t have leave until August. Some nice short days just going to AMS and back, not all horrendous, yes we can have long days but so do pretty much everyone else.

Spoke to a friend of mine who got his command 2 years ago based at LGW on the 320 with BA. He’s working a damn side harder than I am and on less.

easyJet LGW is a different company to easyJet regional base. LGW is international rescue and the work and stresses will be greater but no more than anyone else. I do around 700-760 hours a year. Only twice in my 15 years at EZY have I gone over 800.

Depends what you want, some say why would you want to leave BA, I’ve never had any interest in joining, I don’t live anywhere near to London, all my family and friends are where I’m based now and I don’t want to commute and live out of a suitcase, done that before.

Its what you want out of life that more important, I don’t feel the need to go part time yet, I will once the mortgage is paid off in a few years and I don’t need the money as much.

There is no flying utopia anymore, there is little difference between most of the big airlines, whether it’s easyJet or BA in the grand scheme of things.

They exist to make money, they want to work you all as hard as possible and pay as little as they can get away with.

Last edited by Stone Cold II; 29th Jun 2018 at 12:23.