PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue Air Guaranteed job program
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2018, 02:50
Krajchek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thepilott

Blue Air is a Romanian Airline, ATPL center is just a recruiter for them, the program is that you well get the PPl and IR and flight hours in US which will need only student visa. Then you will work in Romania which will need a work permit.Meanwhile, if you opened blue air website you will find then hiring first officers with EU citizenship. It doesn’t seem to be logically true, if you could hire a fresh pilots with no experience to work there. Then, why not hiring exapt experienced pilots as well. Honestly, i have never seen any airline in EU hire a NON-EU citizens, for that reason i am asking if this true or not.

Hi There, Check out their careers page. They mention 2 schools that are recruiting for them. I would suggest using those schools. If the one you came across with is the same as the ones they post partnership with, then it is legit. If they ONLY want you to pay the type rating, then it is a fair offer for Europe. Unfortunately most airlines in the EU want the applicant to pay the type rating which they deduct from the salary. Pilot minimum wage must be different than a normal minimum wage. And once you get paid 3,000 USD, it is again normal deal for the EU and specially Romania. Life is quite cheap there. Plus I think it is a nice place to live...