PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dual, Command or Copilot hours in logbook?
Old 28th Jun 2018, 19:25
Tasmaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Dual, Command or Copilot hours in logbook?

I hold a valid CASA CPL with MEP/IR current. I also hold a valid EASA CPL with MEP/IR current. Both licences have valid MEP class ratings. 9000+hrs total time. My log book (CAA Australia) has only three columns for multi engine aircraft flight. Dual (D/N). Command (D/N). Co-pilot (D/N).

I am currently undergoing 'training' (operational conversion) in UK on DA42. My EASA CPL permits me to operate as PIC on MEP <5700kg, but the company (AOC) SOPs require all new pilots to undertake an 'operational conversion' of 40 hours, finished off with an OPC. 'Training' is conducted by 'line captains' who are CRIs, but not FIs. I occupy the left seat and do all the hands on flying.

So my question. What times do I put in my logbook? Dual? (I suspect not, as they are not FIs and anyway, I am already qualified on MEP). Co-Pilot? (No, Its not a multi pilot aircraft). Command? (the only remaining choice). But is that correct?. I don't sign for the aircraft in the techlog. So I'm not PIC by virtual of signing. I am, however, manipulating the controls for the entire flight. So that would certainly qualify as 1st Pilot time.....but I have no column for that!

Maybe I need to buy a new EASA logbok!