PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Parking Planes?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2018, 23:35
drfaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look we all know what that vote was about: The older generation not wanting to rock the boat and see the notice given on the FLPS. That was the talk of the town; if we go into CC they will pull our leave scheme!

Understandable from that perspective, but let’s call it what it was. Voting NO to the offer did not mean voting YES to CC or any other form of action. It meant no this offer is not good enough and come back with something better. Our membership voted that this was good enough.

This will be the third year in a row that we get 0% inflation adjustment. Even if profits are made we must “claw back” hedging losses before anything happens. Another vote will be had and the new offer, same as the old offer, will be voted in because “we have to protect the leave scheme”.

Then after the negotiations and industrial tension dies down for a second the inevitable whinging and complaining will start again on the flight deck. It is what it is and actually quite rational; I would probably have the same thinking process if I was a B scaler with a couple years left.

Let’s also remember we are on the longest Bull run in history as we speak with what I believe is the biggest world wide pilot shortage in history. This party is not going to last forever, a cycle correction will happen sooner or later. If we can’t get inflation adjustment when times are this good in the world wide economy, I fear we have interesting times ahead.

Last edited by drfaust; 25th Jun 2018 at 23:49.