PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2018, 18:24
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends where you put the gap on your roster though, Wiggy (certainly as regards to SH). If it’s at the beginning of the month then, yes, you are right in line for an FA because that’s where the hotspots of uncovered work are. Leave the gap until later in the month and generally speaking you are safe. I’ve bid below cap and not got FA’d because I’ve had my gap later on whereas someone three hours above cap has got FA’d instead of me because theirs was at a weekend at the start of the month. End of July I’ve got a six day block of days off before my wrap days and leave start at the beginning of August, again untouched by FA. So you can still have control it just depends where you want to take some time off, although I will freely concede that by its very nature means it’s reduced control.

By the way anyone feeling fatigued on SH right now should bid for reserve. Done virtually nothing so far and I’m entering the final week!

(Aware I’ve probably just blown my cover of anonymity for anyone taking a quick glance at iBid!)