PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2018, 17:47
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can’t speak directly for SH but from what I hear from credible sources it can be nasty.

My very much a personal take on Longhaul - some of the immediate problem is that the 787 engine issues have loaded up rosters on the 777 and the 744....., fair enough, sometimes these things happen...but it’s not just hours flown this summer that is causing problems. There are problems with “interesting” trip constructions and probably above all the big big issue is the major loss of lifestyle control, especially days off, that has happened as the rostering system has morphed into something that is less and less under pilot control and more and more under company control. This has happened and we’ve not even moved to the new rostering system (JSS) yet, we are still officially working to Bidline Rules (stop laughing at the back). TBH and IMHO the only way to get some element of control back and some semblance of a normal life is one of the part time contracts, because at least on one of those you have some supposedly degree of control/predictability over guaranteed days off..full time outside of leave you now have not a lot...but I emphasise that is IMVHO....