PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOW or never
Thread: NOW or never
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2003, 20:54
VIKING9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what it's worth, I think the CAA proving flight is on 13th October and the first revenue flight is planned for 11th December.

As for route selection, I'm not sure BRU will be a winner although it has been operated from LTN before, with London European and a J31 operator who's name escapes me. Both were back in the days when locos were'nt even heard of, although load factors were fairly high. Could prove popular with businesses who wish to keep their costs down when sending people for meetings etc. MUC was popular when Debonair operated it from LTN but the timings weren't that good. LIS has not been flown on a scheduled basis from LTN (Go as we know flew it from STN). ARN is not flown from LTN by RYR so we'll wait and see on that one. LEI and VLC, again, not flown by any loco from LTN so it could prove popular with ex-pats who don't wish to pay higher prices of the non loco operators. Anyway, has the timetable actually been firmed up with these destinations?

As for advertising, I wonder if NOW will use local radio stations to get the word about? Efficient means of advertising and reaching a very wide population.

I see the first 2 aircraft are at STN undergoing maintenance