PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOW or never
Thread: NOW or never
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2003, 19:31
jmc-man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ttree Ttrimmer,

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but there are a lot more cynics out here in the industry than you think, mostly because of the haphazard way in which this team are attempting to start an airline, and no amount of Yahoo-ing by newly recruited employees will change that, I'm afraid.

As I said above, someone has planned and requested from the CAA an AOC proving flight for October 17th, without an aircraft being available to fly it. Furthermore if it went ahead on that date, and the first flight was on December 13th, then there is a cost of approx £500,000 to have an aircraft and crew sitting around doing nothing for that period. And with plenty of capacity in the ad hoc market, the chances of picking up work are nil.

Nothing I have seen so far gives me much confidence that these people know what they are doing. The exception is almoist certainly the Pilot Training department, and , not mentioned anywhere so far, the ex GO Director who is acting in a consultancy basis. I assume he's getting paid for his time up front.

As for the routes, there has already been discussion on here , :-

Brussels - no leisure market, tried by VEX from STN without success
Rotterdam - absolute madness

Stockholm - up against the Ryans

Lisbon - tried by GO for three years without success

Munich - cost GO a lot of money to try this one. May work during the winter ski season , if they can get advertising

Almeria and Valencia - over capacity in that whole market at the moment, with all the Charter boys trying to hold market share.

My tuppence worth.....

( Pleas guys, by all means thrash my views, but again please try to avoid personal insults, it just weakens your arguments)