PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2018, 18:55
Buter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi GK

Flat earthers = Shorthaul/narrowbody/domestic depending on your location. A320 multi sector day operations.

I don't currently work to the limits of EASA, and I neither wish nor intend to. Ever. As stated, my shorthaul colleagues are subject to full EASA -30 minutes, sadly negotiated by our union during one of the seemingly endless cost cutting campaigns. I’m not exactly sure what it means, but I do know they’re not happy bunnies about it.

We can’t operate the JNB/JFK sector I alluded to due to our contracts. It is possible under EASA, however. This shows exactly how much thought went into their FTL calculations. Back to back GRU or MIA totally unacceptable... except when the local times are 4 hours or less time change from London, then it’s fine. Yeah... makes sense.

As as far as I know, nobody lives in the terminal (although I feel like I do at times), so everybody commutes in. I assume you mean by air? Do you include MAN/GLA/EDI/NCL crew in that lot? Jersey? Do you just mean crew that fly in from long distances like Australia or Texas (the crew residences of the last flight I operated)?

The answer is, I don’t know. I’ve never worked with a long distance commuter who flew in on the day, then operated (with one exception). Commuting is a personal responsibility. I really don’t care, tbh. Show up to work in good enough shape to do the flight is all I expect. Occasionally life gets in the way of that for commuters and locals alike.

My my response to you was just to highlight that my colleague’s comment about the EASA FTL scheme having a negative impact on our lives is valid.

Cheers

Buter