PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Kapo System Of Aviation Regulation and CASA
Old 23rd Jun 2018, 01:29
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Eyrie
Again do your own research.
I, or more properly we, have done, and come to a completely different answer. That any losses have occurred anywhere in recent years is more reasonably attributed to growing deficiencies in competencies, the answer to that is more and better training and checking, not less.

QUOTE:The GFA sure isn't going to pay your widow compensation because some obese effwit insisted that you do spins and one of the halfwit instructors caused a fatal problem.

I gather that your general view is that anybody who disagrees with you, or doesn't fit your preferred body type, is seriously mentally deficient.

QUOTE: The ones who do have enthusiasm for spins are mostly on my personal list of "people who I won't be surprised if they die in a aircraft". I've managed to cross off quite a few.

In my opinion that tells us more about your attitude that anything useful, aviation wise. I presume that view of yours means that my deficiency re. spin training means I am also likely to be a high probability candidate to write myself off in other examples of aeronautical incompetence.

Needless to say, I disagree, and have some 25,000 hours so far of having avoided same, including years as an instructor on aircraft of various sizes.

QUOTE:I have no problem with owner maintenance for a person's private flying. It is a great idea as our Canadian friends have shown. I have a problem with owner maintenance where the maintainer puts the risk on somebody else and isn't in the aircraft at the time the other people are.

The question I asked you, was to show why owner maintenance was of a lesser standard, and now you are saying it is to the degree that anybody else being carried in the owner maintained aircraft is at unacceptable risk.

Where is your data. In my experience owner maintained aircraft, whether here or in US or Canada, are in better condition than "hourly rate labor maintained" light aircraft. Indeed, year after year I come across shocking examples of shortcomings in "professionally maintained" aircraft. The data supports my experience.

Nobody begrudges you your opinion, you are fully entitled to be wrong, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Another matter that I regard as fact, based on statistics: across the board flying standards have deteriorated, more training, not less, and requiring higher levels of competency is the answer. That "loss of control" is close to the top of the list of aircraft safety problems, from airlines to ultra-lites, is the bottom line for the deterioration in flying standards.

As long as I have been flying, there has always been a small group passionately opposed to spin training, their fears have never been backed by data, but that, and "fear" of low speed flight in general and now absence of adequate training in the area, is, in my opinion, at the heart of the "loss of control" problem.

Tootle pip!!