PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 20th Jun 2018, 07:05
Steve6443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VinRouge
1) 3) I doubt anyone will have the money to afford to go abroad on holiday once Brexit trashes the rest of UK industry.
Could it be you don't understand the rule of unintended consequences? If the UK economy is trashed, then it will also have a significant impact on the rest of Europe. The most obvious impact is the wave of EU citizens leaving UK, heading back to the mainland to find work, swamping an already depressed employment market causing a drain in those countries, both because of a lack of capital flowing in from those employees sending capital back to their families, plus a need to support those people.

Secondary is the crash of goods heading towards UK - let's not forget that 12% of all German produced cars head to UK - so the german economy will suffer because who will buy these cars? Albanians? Turks?

Finally, the aviation sector will suffer because, as you say, few will be able to afford to fly. So the shortage of pilots suddenly becomes a glut of pilots on the market; because of this, our terms and conditions will revert to how a certain Irish Gentleman wishes them to be - slave wages. Although personally I'm very relaxed about Brexit itself, I do see people in Brussels wanting to trash the UK economy in order to deter others from leaving, without realising that they will harm themselves more significantly.