PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines wants a cabin crew ‘young and pretty’
Old 4th Oct 2003, 23:48
CAVU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blat and others- you're right on the money, I was tediously expecting a barage of PC replies especially from my raving liberal countrymen (Brits) and esp. on Prune.

To you PC self-deluded hermaphrodites-

I find complaints of the "injustice" of selecting stewardesses partly on the basis of looks "outrageous". Minorities have a greatly advantaged status in western societies, especially in aviation where any pilot with the guts and integrity to stand up can tell you they are frequently v.misguided choices for the front end. Regardless of profession, women frequently take advantage of their sexuality and the feeble minded men (devoid of any higher moral or ethical reasoning) they meet along the way to advance themselves, so don't make me laugh and talk of "disadvantaged" and "downtrodden" women.

The fact is that the two main things that determine airline choice are price and service- for most people outside of aviation, it's just a metal tube going from A to B. Most business travellers are men and there's absolutely no doubt that, though there may be older, enthusiastic, service dedicated stewardesses, they more frequently show themselves to be grumpy and job-worn. Besides that, most red blooded males would prefer to be served by a young attractive women-whether they have the ba11s, or you have the sense of reality to admit it not is another matter.

Last edited by CAVU; 5th Oct 2003 at 00:01.