PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GENERAL AVIATION SUMMIT 2018 - 9th & 10th JULY 2018
Old 12th Jun 2018, 07:40
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
See Sunfish, you have just reinforced my point perfectly:
There are plenty of axe grinders out there LookLeft and I guess you would agree that there are a few in CASA as well. However that doesn't change the fact that the main conclusion of the Forsyth review was that CASA has lost the trust of the industry. That is a totally damning criticism* as you must know, working for CASA as you seem to do.
If you disagree with those whose knowledge of higher levels of government and the way the system works is above any mere mortals that inhabit this forum(just ask them) then you must work for CASA! I am quite sure that there are axe grinders in CASA and probably those with a pathological hatred of GA ( I have met them) but you and Lead Sled and aroa and thorn bird are no different, its just that you are on the other side of the fence. At least the others have actually dealt with CASA and have worked in the industry. You just want to tell as many people as possible how important you were when you were a consultant/advisor to government.
I think I may have a little more experience dealing with Lawyers than you (including being sued by the AFL of all people which is an entertaining story). I spent upwards of $200,000 per year with law firms for a whole slew of contracts and advice.
So to you Lead Sled, that other great figjam of Pprune. Assuming you started your aviation career in the 60's( to be generous), that would mean that you have been ranting against the regulator for nearly 60 years with still no result!

In all my years in aviation, in Australia the industry has always been in an adversarial relationship with whatever the regulator of the day was called, with any "win" for the industry seem as a "loss" by the regulator. There has been little evidence, ever, of mutual trust and cooperation for the good of industry advancement, and the Australian economy as a whole.
So all the pontificating changed nothing then and will change nothing now. I don't think the quote from the AHIA President suggests their relationship has always been fruitful but it seems as though the AHIA has just got on with the job and improved the lot of their members. The same goes for Clare Prop. I don't know the person from a bar of soap but when they state they have a good working relationship with CASA you say that can't be right. Eddie Dean is clearly (in your eyes) delusional because he doesn't share the same spot on the Wailing Wall with you. ICAO states that CASA are well above the world average on the metrics they use, and that according to ICAO not CASA, yet you say its all smoke and mirrors. Like I said earlier if you want to post on a BB with like minded people who want to shower you with chocolate treats from an ex-Australian biscuit manufacturer then off you shoot.

What your posts and Sunfish et al lack is any sense of balance. So when others don't agree with you then you get very personal and that is what I object to.

Last edited by Lookleft; 12th Jun 2018 at 11:59. Reason: PS Kharon, you are mellowing in old age, yours was a balanced post