PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates coming to town..THEY WANT YOU!!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2018, 05:32
giggerty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Raven.
It's true. We do have the 13th month guaranteed in our COS. However I don't know we get paid more. Apparently ( and I'm happy to be corrected if wrong) CX pilots had the 13th month incorporated into their monthly wage back in the early 90s. This should mean ( again I'm not certain of this) that if you compare like for like then a CX pilots basic salary is higher. It also means that any OT etc is calculated at a higher base rate. You'll probably find it's a swings and roundabouts scenario. It's been suggested a few times that we roll the 13th month into our monthly wage but the idea has never gained much traction.

Gnad hit the nail on the head too regarding long haul. Personally I still enjoy flying. The take off and landing bits. I do 30 to 40 sectors a month. The idea of flying 10+ hours in the cruise and not even get a landing would quickly drain the fun out of it. No wonder everyone at CX is angry. Sure you go to nicer destinations than us, but on the other hand I sleep in my own bed most nights. I can't see too many KA guys jumping ship to EK for a pay cut and some long haul fatigue. I couldn't imagine too many would bid even for CX if it ever came to that. I wouldn't.