PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GENERAL AVIATION SUMMIT 2018 - 9th & 10th JULY 2018
Old 10th Jun 2018, 08:23
Eddie Dean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LeadSled
YPJT,
I can well understand the frustrations of Sunfish and other coming to the surface from time to time.

As for the apologists for CASA, they are in two broad categories, it seems to me.

The first are those who work for CASA, in one way or another, and secondly, those who have never had to deal with the real "CASA Rampant".

The record is very clear and beyond dispute, that, over the years, CASA and it's predecessors have been a major impediment to the Australian aviation sector, report after report of multiple Royal Commissions and other forms of inquiry, over many years, all have one thing in common, severe criticism of the CASA by whatever name at the time, always on multiple grounds.

Yet, such is the way Canberra works, and in this case, the ruthless exploitation of public fear and ignorance under the general heading of "air safety", and the gullibility of the "media", that only on few occasions has the power of the bureaucrats at the time been seriously dented, and always not for long, as Ministers come and go.

Only political power will overcome the situation, we have seen major shakeups in bureaucracy before, if any department becomes too much of an embarrassment to elected Government, politicians will move.

Will that ever happen in Aviation??

It seems unlikely, as the size of the aviation sector that is interested shrinks, the general public ( and quite a few in the aviation sector) believes CASA's self serving publicity, and the aviation bureaucracy continues to expand.

Tootle pip!!
I have no understanding of Sunfish's diatribes against CASA, as he has no relationship with them, according to his postings.

Your statement about the types of people who wish to deal with CASA in a professional and civil manner exhibits a closed mindedness to the modern paradigm.

Most of the senate enquiries and such have only shown the ignorance of the senators to the reality of aviation, with maybe the exception of Dave Fawcett who I served with in the great green suck.

You will be well aware that the politicians and general public care not about those at the lower end of aviation, any complaints are like yelling into a 44 gallon drum.

Genersl aviation will keep on keeping on, even old mechanics like me can stay employed and earning.

I have a conference with CASA team in Brisbane in a couple of weeks, I'm sure I won't be using the Leadsled approved method of communication to settle our differences, over the safety issue that we have under review.
FWIW.