PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS contract plane off runway - KCRW
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2018, 13:21
Carbon Bootprint

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It is nice to see that phone SMS is now part of NTSBs tools, what is next, my old post cards and love letters.
I do appreciate that in this case without CVR and FDR and a crew that was a ultra incompetent in a company run like a 1970s bush operation , the NTSB would turn every stone.
Welcome to the not-so-new Millennium. FWIW, it appears NTSB limited its purview of the FO's text messages to items that were relevant to her flight experiences with this Captain. I would surmise old post cards and love letters would be safe, unless they somehow involved another member of the crew or the flight in question.

Back to the point, cowboys do still seem to be out there. The part from the NTSB docket cited by Airbubba may indicate some issues within the carrier. They may not have been system-wide but it would appear some individuals probably deserved some special attention. If the Captain had indeed failed some check rides, that raises some questions which will hopefully be answered when the final report is issued.