PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS contract plane off runway - KCRW
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2018, 11:49
BluSdUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is nice to see that phone SMS is now part of NTSBs tools, what is next, my old post cards and love letters.
I do appreciate that in this case without CVR and FDR and a crew that was a ultra incompetent in a company run like a 1970s bush operation , the NTSB would turn every stone.
But go into the WatsApp group for some bases and I suspect You find a few lies and subjective slander of other crew members.
I do feel sorry for the FO , very much so. But she was not 21 and blond, so she should have sorted out the Cpt at one point. I specifically remember two occasions were I told the Cpt to NEVER repeat the stunt he pulled. It is a FOs job.
Anyway , What shocks me is here use of the mobile phone in flight. That tells me one thing,Not fit for flight!
The Captain, 49 with less then 2 years as PIC multi and scared off IFR, at night!

Lastly I would like to mention that the focus on phones and iPad messages before flight , taxi out , just after touchdown and on turnarounds are going to end in tears.
As a matter of fact it already did for me, my nr4 cabin crew started crying and refused to tell us why on a turnaround , we had to dispatch with him "incapacitated" as we had less then 150 pax.
Never mind, back to thread.
Airing concerns on SMS to buddys , not constructive. Face the other part,Cpt in this case, then CP.
Reading this report was a bit back to old stomping grounds for me and not so relevant, UNTIL I saw the video of the approach, then two things occurred to me: Incompetent Cowboys are still out there AND they are trying to get into airplanes with hundreds of PAX.

What a terrible, unnecessary way to go. But it is Darwin , Newton and Bernoulli that rules in here. One must at all time try to respect them!