PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheer Bad Luck
Thread: Sheer Bad Luck
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2018, 21:02
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chopjock
What the difference between taking off at max weight and climbing out at max power, and taking off over weight and climbing out at max power? Surely the stresses will be the same on the airframe and gears etc? If you don't over torque / temp anything what's the issue?
JESUS CHRIST! Another load of stupidity from chopcock! Please tell me you’re just taking the p###. An emergency overweight? The fact that the aircraft is designed around certain weights.

I flew about 600 hours on that particular airframe. One of those hours was on one engine. She was in fine fettle, but her performance was as limited as any 355F1 on one engine. Try it overweight and the one hour would have turned into a minute or so of regret before the landing site is forced on you.

I fired off at you on the IIMC thread about your idiotic pronouncements. Do me and rotary Aviation a favour, f#%# off and take up golf before someone thinks your stupidity is a great idea. I don’t know who taught you to fly, but I bet they’ll end up answering some stiff questions from AAIB and CAA during the preparation of your AAIB report.

SND