PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UKGA magazine classified adverts scam
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2018, 13:37
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Just a slight warning about being a prosecution witness, you will end up scammed by the crown prosecution service. It seems that they have strict (woefully inadequate) payment limits on witness expenses. I was told to show up at a court 112 miles from home by 0930hrs on a day a couple of weeks ago. I was only given two days notice of this. Too late to get cheap train tickets booked so it was cheaper and easier to go by car. It seems that they will give a contribution towards refreshments of £9.75 per day if you are away from home for over 10 hours (I was, lunch cost me £12 and coffee on route a further £5.60). They only pay £0.25 per mile for private car use (even the tax man allows £0.45) and then they only pay £87.50 per day for loss of earnings for the self employed. The only thing they fully reimbursed is the car parking cost of £25. To make matters worse they messed up all of these figures except for the parking and paid less than the required amount for each of them. I rang and asked for a breakdown of the figures (the remittance advice just gives the total being paid) and they have adjusted all of the figures up to their limits putting another £58 something into my bank. That just leaves me about £150 out of pocket for the day. The only satisfactory thing about this is that they banged the accused up for 16 years.

Rans6.......