PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Kapo System Of Aviation Regulation and CASA
Old 6th Jun 2018, 04:44
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lookleft,
I really have no idea where you fit into the aviation scene, but ascribing such as the Forsyth Report and many previous and invariably highly critical reports, including Royal Commissions, into CASA and its predecessors as "noise from below" take self-delusion to a new level.

Indeed, the contempt you generally exhibit towards anybody who does not subscribe to your views is, in my view, a dead giveaway.

As for the opinions which I rely upon, they are the unvarnished opinions of real people , all highly respected in their specialties, not publications that have been subject to the sort of "politically diplomatic cleansing" that is typical of government/ICAO and similar public documents.

Indeed, to quote and old friend of mine, ICAO lead auditor, some time ago during a CASA audit, over lunch in Canberra: "(my name), if this was an airline, you would have to pull its certificate".

In the real world, CASA/Australia's reputation has not only not improved since that time, but deteriorated significantly.

All to the very great cost of Australian aviation businesses that used to be, that are struggling, or should be but never will be.

If CASA is such an exemplary organisation, why are Australia's overall air safety outcomes significantly inferior to US??

Why has the US air safety record steadily improved, while Australia has remained (comparing like for like) essentially static??

Tootle pip!!