PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUPLICITY
Thread: DUPLICITY
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2018, 01:48
Flex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DUPLICITY

SCMP 6 June

Cathay Pacific CEO Rupert Hogg vows to close gender gap as flight director?s departure means no women on Hong Kong airline?s top deck | South China Morning Post

The Hogman vows to close the "gender gap" as the only "senior" woman at CX departs ??? What?
Let me get this straight, Hogg, The CEO of Cathay Pacific (a Swire Prince) and his Swire counterparts REMOVED (article said she's leaving) Ms. Thompson from her "Senior" position and now he's bemoaning the fact that there are no women in senior positions ??? If that's the case, he (the CEO) should have left her where she was and not "removed" her.
Can I get a reality check here?
The Swire Company, as they are so politically correct these days, control 100% of who they hire and in particular the gender ratio of their Swire Prince & Princesses when they are inducted as they pop out of Cambridge - Oxford etc. That said, it is Mr. Hogg and his Swire ilk who are wholly responsible for this situation, absolutely nobody else. He should wear this problem like he actually is a "Senior Leader", and own up to the issue Swires are responsible for but no, he will deflect it as usual. Pathetic.
BTW, when companies start remodelling themselves looking for equality of outcome (on any level however particularly on the gender of their management), it's time to run for the doors.
A good corporate thought process "should" be, I want the best, most experienced and qualified person for the task and their sex should be completely irrelevant. (I completely understand this last sentence IS NOT in the CX management thought process - Dilbert is more akin to how it works under the CX umbrella)
#CXit
My own thoughts Mr. Hogg, pay more attention to what you are supposed to be doing and perhaps we won't loose another 5 or 6 BILLION USD in Fuel Hedging and/or lost criminal lawsuit's. (dare I mention the costly "renewable fuel" PR farce ? )

Last edited by Flex88; 6th Jun 2018 at 07:21.