PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do with DEFO who can't fly
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2018, 05:20
mngmt mole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's quite predictable that an organization whose management is based on arrogance and intimidation will eventually overstep the "line". In this case, that moment arrived this past CNY when CX paid a full 13th month salary to all employees, other than the pilots (a percentage to FO's and SO's, and NOTHING to Captains). Additionally, they even granted a pay raise to all the other staff as well. Speaking for myself, that was the moment that the disrespect, contempt and malice that CX management feel towards me became too much to tolerate.

The result is an entire pilot workforce that is now actively working against the company's long term interests. In particular, I see a deliberate use of fuel to send a "message" to our management that we won't be treated in such an abusive fashion again (in my case the cost has already reached more than twice the amount that CX stole from me). A quiet talk with any number of my colleagues demonstrates a deep commitment to making sure that message is sent, and will continue to be so until such a time that there is firm evidence of a positive change of management attitude. I suspect that many millions of $$ more will need to be bled off the bottom line before those in power get the message. And they will get the message, if not through the action just mentioned, then by the ever increasing rate of resignation.