PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GENERAL AVIATION SUMMIT 2018 - 9th & 10th JULY 2018
Old 4th Jun 2018, 22:51
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Vag:
Given your apparently bitter views of CASA, would you describe the personal contact that caused this?
I see what you did there......

You make the unfounded assumption that my views of CASA are "bitter" and then insinuate that this is because of personal interaction with the same. The implication you are trying to hang on me and others, being, like Lookleft perhaps, that critics like me are merely a few sick individuals, with axes to grind, who can be safely ignored. The next implication following from that is that all critics are a bunch of crybabies who should man up and get on with business and leave CASA and The Aviation Act alone.

Well mate, when I see a rapist at work, I don't ignore it. There is ample written evidence, the latest being the Forsyth Review, that things aren't rosy in the garden and anyone, like me, would wish to see an expanding, thriving industry providing jobs, growth, sheer enjoyment and a robust contribution to the Australian economy. To put that in terms you might understand; what pisses me off is the sheer waste and lost opportunities under the dead hand that now administers what's left of aviation. Things could be so much better.

There is also a multitude of evidence available to anyone who has travelled overseas or can read a web page, that GA in other countries is thriving and in Australia it is not. Given that Australians are not flightless effing Emus then there must be some other reason GA in Australia is dying and the number one candidate is poor regulation. This can be changed if we keep our eye on the ball and refuse to be distracted.