PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates coming to town..THEY WANT YOU!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2018, 08:37
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Discussion with long time friend, now management on the 380 EK. To wit:

- senior management in crisis, as Sheik M has made it known that they MUST do whatever it takes to staff and operate the airline properly
- effectively 450 - 500 pilots short, and getting worse by the week
- effectively 45+ aircraft parked, either actually, or virtually due reduced daily utilization
- resignation rate now critical, as pilots have other options (hello Anna...)
- basing not happening at EK (legal and practical reasons, hello CX), BUT commuter rosters are being constructed and about to be introduced (hello Anna)
- increase in pay package (hello Anna)
- increase in leave blocks (hello Anna)
- other sweetness to make EK the 'Best' airline to work for in ME

Overall, he told me that they will no longer allow themselves to be compromised, as the amount of money necessary to keep the pilots happy is FAR less (hello Anna) than that being cost by parked aircraft and uncontrollable training cost (hello Anna). Take that, as well as much quicker time to command and you have a better career option than CX. A much better one.
Id be VERY suspicious of ANYTHING coming out of flight Ops management, EK are masters of the talk, but continue to under-deliver. Smoke and mirrors along with a punitive greedy mindset from the “untouchable” local element has led them to where they are.
Having friends in high places means nothing if they are expats, they will only ever have a partial picture unless they are STC and even then it’s become apparent even he has not been bothered regarding the continued stream of experience out of DXB.
As for commuting rosters, I will believe it when I see it, never say never but to me its BS as they can’t operate the roster now without parking aeroplanes.
In short EK are no different to others in that they will lie and mislead until they have you, and then their attitude is one of ownership rather than partnership.
Caveat Emptor.