PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things are getting interesting at RYR for Cadets
Old 4th Jun 2018, 08:27
CaptainDutch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@diple, decided on FR because believe it or not right now it is one of the better 73 deals in Europe. Schedule 5/4,pay, easy commute AMS-DUB. I have no idea if I will stay till 65 (which is the legal/FR retirement age), will depend on how much I like it. I believe the only way for FR to retain their pilots is to start treating them better in all aspects. MOl should have a talk with Sir Richard Branson. LCC and good pay/ benefits can go together, see SouthWest.
@BluSdUp, @ Arketip, indeed I had to retire, no choice, game over at KLM, love flying and much to young to only mow the lawn.
@Rat5 thanks for the warning, am aware that it will be way different than KLM, already have saved some empty water bottles and bought powdered coffee for in my flight bag. Will let you know how large the shock was. No BV for me, direct employment contract, will definitely be looking for part-time.
@skyflyer 737 thanks for the encouraging words.
@nrn KLM 73 schedule 28 day cycle 17 work 11 off, FR 28 day cycle 16 work 12 off, I fully realize that I have to commute in those days off, hence the DUB base, 4 FR flights a day AMS-DUB.