PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RP18
Thread: RP18
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2018, 02:11
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plainpilot,

Sadly true. No leadership from either the union or company. Both seem to view the pilot body as a mass they can extract wealth from, in return for some management yuck-speak.

For those thinking/hoping resignation rates are generating leverage, perhaps a rethink is required. The latest company Pravda contained this piece of yuck-speak,

"Capacity rationalisation remained aggressive..."

In plain-english, that translates to shrinking the airline. When a pilot leaves, I'm sure there's a round of G&Ts on the 9th floor. If it's a pilot on expat terms, add a bottle of Bollinger.

Why shrink the airline? They appear to be after short term profits at the expense of long-term growth and have abandoned the idea of defending the airline's position against competitors. This adds weight to the argument that we are being prepared for sale.

As for the talks, the RP deal sounds like RP07 all over again and just a formalisation of how we are being rostered now and will be a "gap-filler" until CMP arrives. Nobody will actually get a better roster, perhaps worse (just ask the boys and girls over at KA enjoying the sodimiser).

I am picking there will be a modest increase in HKPA to get the required votes, with the increase being funded by the expat's leaving and the non-payment (again) of 13th month if the required profits aren't there and if they think they can get away with it (and why wouldn't they?). There might be a promise of a payrise, but just a promise, however fleet transfer by seniority, 25 year housing, SHP, min credit day, RA65 won't even get a mention. All lost in the push to get a "deal" before the GC changeover in August.

Any LEP who thinks this will be a "win", doesn't know how to use a calculator.

Why the union is even participating in this nonsense is beyond me. All kind of depressing really.....

Last edited by Liam Gallagher; 30th May 2018 at 02:45.