PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet another Yank with a visa question...
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2018, 04:48
tail wheel

Received 227 Likes on 121 Posts
There are a variety of Visas which may suit your circumstances. If your wife is the primary Visa holder, the appropriate Visa is the one which suits her circumstances. If your wife is interviewing at Griffith I assume she is an academic?

If she is granted a Visa permitting employment, you will be granted a similar Visa permitting employment, with freedom to engage in your chosen profession. If your sole profession is "pilot" it would be extremely difficult for you to be the primary Visa holder. With a few minor exceptions, we have enough "pilots" here already and it is not a Skill in Demand. Don't expect to walk into a flying job, especially in Brisbane or the Gold Coast (where Griffith has Campuses); I doubt there are any jobs on the types you specified and perhaps you should brush up on your piston engine knowledge.

You also need to understand the processing time for Visas is generally many months. Griffith would not have any way to influence the time taken to approve and issue a Visa.

You are really wasting your time asking Visa questions in this forum and expecting accurate answers. Kiwi recommended: Visas and immigration - Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Even better: https://www.australia.gov.au/informa...sas/work-visas

Not being difficult - I really wish you the best of luck - but the reality of obtaining a Visa and pilot employment in Australia is far, far from being a fairy tale with a happy ending.