PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Okay Airlines
Thread: Okay Airlines
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2018, 22:56
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm. Flying for most likely the number 1 737 pilots provider for Chinese Airlines in Europe(hehe, yep, that one ;-) ) and was thinking about doing an interview or 2. I have previous experience abroad(Australia, ME, Africa, Asia,...) and thought I might give Chinese Airlines a shot - but then I got THE magic book about China from one of my FO and honestly, it made me change my mind. Of course you think - well, that guy writing that book was just pissed, but then I just turned down a lady which really wanted me to go to that OK interview after reading about them in the book.

Seems flying in China(was there a lot, but thanks god with qualified EUROPEAN FO's) might be more or less the worst that can happen to you in modern, western(CRM and all that other "crap" ;-) )dominated aviation. So tell me guys, that actually flying over there, is it really only the money that counts at the end? Or is there really anything good in China or at least an airline that is worth working for - e.g. how are Xiamen(seems half RYR is there), OK, Fuzhou and whatever all their names are. Really curious and would appreciate any info. PM is fine as well if prefered.
Especially all former collegues - help out a fellow skipper still living the dream and doing double sectors 5 days in a row on that famous NASA roster....^^

Last edited by tomuchwork; 28th May 2018 at 00:12.