PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPRune Acting up May 24 - blocking some countries
Old 24th May 2018, 16:23
cavuman1

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Snoop Cloudflare DDoS

I have experienced inability to login to this site today (25/5/2018) from 1300 Zulu until just now. I was getting a Cloudflare 521 error. I was able to access the main Forum Page, but any attempt to access a sub forum resulted in the aforementioned error message. Of concern was the fact that ARRSE was down as well. I wonder if the transatlantic cable is severed and if any other PPRuNers have had the same difficulty today.

- Ed

Perhaps this offers a clue:Error

ARRSE and NN are offline because of a major power outage in the data centre containing the beating heart of the two sites - the database server. Yes, we know that there should be failover, disaster recovery and so on, but this is not a major bank that you're dealing with here.There's pretty much nothing that we can do at the moment except wait, along with thousands of other tennants in the affected data centres.More news when we have it, or more likely it will just work again at some point. Hopefully.

Web server is down

Last edited by cavuman1; 27th May 2018 at 01:05. Reason: Add Explanation, Spelling