PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arthur Morris @ BNE
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 08:16
OpsNormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys I think you'll find Wiz was thinking more along the lines of "taking it to" people of that percieved calibre, rather than actually go looking for a job.

If he is that busy, then why doesn't he do like many CP's? Set aside one morning a week for interviews, word will soon get around and he'll be able to get on with his job in peace.

I've never had a CP be rude to my face when looking for a flying job (OK there was one rude/arrogant bastard, but I was working for him in Rose Bay for a while), but at 6'4" and of respectable build, I guess I don't get the lip others do.

I once stopped over on Hamilton Island one day a bit over 5 years ago (was in the middle of a sailing holiday around the Whitsunays with family), and sheepishly wandered into HIA without resume or anything. I walked out of that office about two hours later after I.C. making the time to see me and also making me feel very welcome/cup of coffee/talk about all sorts of things and about life in general. There wasn't a job for me straight away, but that wasn't the point.

There are people who will take the time, and others who think the world revolves around them. I guess it is just human nature. Some don't even know they are being rude, and admittedly, some are a bit too precious and need to harden-up a bit.

Yo Jez, your logbook will speak for itself 'ole mate, if he's rude and nasty, then the loss isn't yours.

Be Cool,
Ops.