PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Combined resources of the two airlines.
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2018, 06:55
DragonPacific

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Combined resources of the two airlines.

KA, as a subsidiary to CX, has most of its functions integrated to CX group's airlines business, unlike other subsidiaries like CPCS, which functions as an independent company and an independent source of income.
Over the last ten years after the merger, we can only see the back office functions absorbed into CX's mainframe. Other than that, just the name change, and no integration on the crew related side.
It looks as if CX senior management team have no idea on what to do with KA.

Some Cathay local cadets have long been criticised for their lack of adequate skills to fly planes, unlike most DE SO/FO s which carried hundreds if not thousands of hours before joining, or back in the days entry with military experience.
Something I still can't get my head around is, why doesn't CX fully utilise the combined training and flight resources after the merger?

There are so many ideas in my mind that can only be a win-win situation for both company and pilots.
To improve flying skills, why not provide an option, sending CX SOs to fly KA routes for a year or two, before their JFO upgrades?
Why spending millions to train up DEFOs for type rating courses in KA, then allowing them to go in 1 or 2 years, instead of utilising it for CX training?
Why not provide an option, an alternate route for our SOs for early command in the KA fleets?
What are the benefits on keeping their training and recruitment separated?

Back in a few weeks time someone on slido suggested crew exchange through secondment from CX/KA vice versa, surely that will add a bit of variety and fun to our work, what's the harm of doing that?