PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2018, 05:06
surfer rosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bunghole
I got a call a while back from HR at Virgin offering some feed back from my interview which I was very appreciative of.......... HR - You're not successful at this time as we were not sure on your motivation to work for Virgin. Me - But you asked me in the interview whether I would take a job with Tiger or Virgin so it seems a little strange that you would question my motivation to work for Virgin alone. HR- Ummmmmmmmm. HR - On a positive note you're sim was above average. Me- Great so I've demonstrated I have the ability to learn to fly the aircraft, so should be suitable for employment as an FO? HR - Well no. And also you need to learn more about our company and our aircraft types, numbers etc. Me - I know those and you didn't ask me a single question on any of the aforementioned topics. HR - Hmmmmmmmmmm. You can re-apply in 12 months. Me - Thank you kindly for the feedback.

I won't be applying again.
At least they had the decency to keep you in the loop and provide feedback. I once worked for a third rate airline who would simply ignore candidates who had made the effort to attend an assessment day but, for whatever reason, were deemed to be unsuccessful. You can now take their feedback on board and reapply in 12 months or move on and take your skills elsewhere. Either way, keep at it and you will one day end up where you want to be. Good luck.