PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2018, 04:28
bunghole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goat Whisperer. I was only putting up my experience in line with some of the previous posts to highlight that I don't particularly understand HR and the recruiting process not only at Virgin but all all Australian airlines. Motivation? It's not enough to study the process, take time off from your job, fly all over the country and pay for accommodation to go through said process. Is that not showing that you are motivated? I suspect they have plenty of candidates to choose from so I'm no great loss and not for a minute suggesting I was. I simply don't get how you can apply for a job as a PILOT fly a sim to a reasonable standard, meet all the pre-requisites and because they don't particularly like a response to a HR type question, out you go. Back to my point common sense is non existent and I'm sure it has something to do with HR justifying their very existence. What happened to a pilot sitting opposite you to see if you were a good guy/gal, throwing you in the sim to see if you could actually do what you said you could and off you go? But so be it. Not disgruntled just a little dumbfounded and probably dumb to some degree. Will try again with another carrier. Each time I become more HR aware which can't be a bad thing.

Last edited by bunghole; 24th May 2018 at 10:01. Reason: Spelling