PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do you brief?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2018, 08:59
Radar Contact

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you brief?

Hello guys,

I am a junior first officer flying around the Asian region and I just keep noticing the way we brief is very 'boring' and basically just keep nodding and saying 'checked' every 5-8 seconds seems to do the trick and many times you just start daydreaming because the person sitting next to you is just going over things which are not relevant to the flight. For example, one guy inserts the F-PLN in the computer while the other guy checks, however, he briefs the full SID waypoints and speed restrictions despite cross-checking them together silently against a chart just a few minutes ago. So I started asking my colleagues in the other parts of the world and turns out most of them are the same us with the exception of a few leading airlines which always seem to be ahead in re-thinking and re-designing the way to a common sense way. Anyone experienced that and how would you deal with it? Furthermore, this is an excellent article by Royal Aeronautical Society which talks about this specific problem

https://www.aerosociety.com/news/briefing-better/

Happy Reading